sprite, a cute workaholic

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dreams do come true... (eventually)

Some people complained that I haven't updated my blog for a long time, and I so do I...

* * *

Today I am occupied by the assignment on LZW compression (almost) completely. I have really underestimated the time which I need to do the homework, my original plan is to finish it on Sunday (haha), but I can barely finish it by yesterday. Luckily I can still learn something out of it: finally I really know why there is a difference between 7-bit safety and 8-bit safety (the particular case in my assignment is that widening extended ascii code from char to int will make it negative), and also I have implemented closed hashing for the first time in my life! Unfortunately I still have 4 homeworks (a reading list for term paper, 2 reflection essays and a take home midterm) which I target to clear in this week; plus a make up midterm on Thursday. Needless to say, my commitment to my company is an astonishing zero, I really don't know what should I say tomorrow when I have dinner with them.

After reading the blog entry by kuenkuen, I think I am in debt to those who have gave me gift and had taken photographs with me on Shaw Photo Day. I will take a photo for my gifts (the one similar to kuenkuen), upload photographs and send the photographs to others ASAP.

The strange thing is that I can still squeeze some time to buy a book on mushroom (Title: Hong Kong Mushrooms) published by the CUHK press, although I really don't know whether I will read or not.

Oh... just forgotten to mention that I am officially into social bookmarking today because of kuenkuen's recommendation!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Justin said…

    congra~

    you finally hv some blog entries.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger pineapplelam said…

    為了答謝你的幫忙,我決定送你一首歌:

    『如果沒有你,日子怎麼過...』

    >3<

     

Post a Comment

<< Home