sprite, a cute workaholic

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Farewell dinner for Christina (in retrospect)

Originally I wanted to prepare for my Social Psychology midterm examination, but finally what I am being attracted to my iBook. As a result, I have ample amount of time to import my photographs for Shaw College Photo Day to iPhoto and upload the relevant photographs to caelum. As a personal reminder for me, I still have not sent the photographs to those whom I have taken the photo with. Tonight was the farewell dinner for my "mother" in the planner team and it is being held in Le Manege a club. After arrival I have discovered that it is the same venue as the one which used to host the CDEF of Crossia. It is a strange place: at first it has many uncommon decorations, but gradually I learned to like it because of the relaxing environment, the friendliness of the owner and, more importantly, the availablity of girls' costume and dresses (and I wished I live there). One memorable event about the girls' dresses is that when we arrived the Tony immediately asked if I want to try out one of the dress! At that time I have declined his "offer", but now in retrospect I wished that I should have told him yes. Before the dinner I worried a lot about how the situation would be like as I have not done anything for the company since late-January, after the arrival this thinking is so strong that I begin to worry about my whether I deserve to be treated by the company. Luckily my very good colleague Kalok have tried to comfort me continously, and I am really grateful for it. After the dinner we have played Jenga and UNO. The Jenga game is the best I have played because the final height of the stack almost doubles the original! Taking part in the Jenga game makes me think that I really dislike the feeling of the anxiety a competition. As a result, I have not participated the UNO game much and I was just teaching Kalok to play. My dislike of game drives me to have a (kind of) in-depth talk with the owner of the club because I really enjoy talking with people in different career and status. After leaving the club we have decided to go to a pub in Lan Kwai Fong. I am a bit reluctant at first as I do not like the taste (but I like the smell!) of alcohol. After some struggling and with the recommendation of my "mother" I have decided to go with a Passion Fruit drink. The story does not ends here, my curiousity have made me to try all others' drinks, with the sole exception of Carlsberg, they are half cup of Bailey's (Wine + Coffee), some Shiraz (Red wine) and a bit of Tetley's (Beer). Together with the Ice on Fire (burning wine poured onto icecream before serving), I have consumed quite a bit of alcohol tonight. Luckily it seems that I am still okay , does not get drunk and does not have any discomforts. Before I leave I told David that I have signed an NDA with Crossark, to my surprise, instead of worrying about it he asked me what the consequences are! Finally I have decided to study for my midterm at 2:30am!
* * *
I have a new personal record for overdue fine: a whopping $12 (and still counting)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home