sprite, a cute workaholic

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Eat my own dog food

I have finally set out to "revert" up some of my stupid C++ code written long ago, and I would show case two of my stupid-ness here.

#define SHARED_PTR boost::shared_ptr

This is real. I don't know what the hack I was thinking while writing this line of code. The whole header file is reproduced here in its entirety to celebrate its removal.

#ifndef _HANDLE_HPP
#define _HANDLE_HPP

#include "boost/shared_ptr.hpp"
#define SHARED_PTR boost::shared_ptr

#endif /* _HANDLE_HPP */

WTF!?

PS: Probably I was thinking that the file is for "easier" transition to std::shared_ptr once it C++0x is released, but I think everybody would think otherwise.

Favor forward declaration over #include

In short I have been convinced that I should use forward declaration when ever possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home