sprite, a cute workaholic

Monday, June 30, 2008

What kind of university is this? (rant)

I'd hate to say, but what kind of University is this? I got my umbrella stolen again! F***!

<rant>

I really got irritated about these kind of things. An umbrella is not expensive, but I expect people in the university would be well-mannered to respect the property of others. I used to think university was a safe place, I would place books on the table in canteen when I got out to order food, but this naive thinking got shattered when a medicine - you are correct, MEDICINE!! - student stole my book (well technically it is library's book) in Chung Chi Tang. How on hell can I place my trust on a doctor which stole others' book!? Surely he'd got the best results academically to get into Chung Chi College and the Faculty of Medicine, but go to hell with his morality. Personally I do not regard books (esp. those from library) would be a tempting target for thefts (books have low resale value after all), but I was (literally) shocked when that happened on me one year ago.

These happens to postgraduate students as well. I tried to be less racism here and *may be* this is a cultural difference - just go to *ANY* postgraduate hall and you will see all kinds of shocking things, and forget about the rumors about the manners of these "well-educated" people. Personally I don't care about what their room looks like (my room is untidy), but please f**king h*ll keep the public area clean. I think EMO really did a great job in keeping the hostel from deteriorating but ***please*** think twice before you put all kind of food stuff into the sink. I have seen all kind of stuff blocking the drainage in the pantry sink - grapes (that is last night), rice (yuck... how difficult and disgusting to clean!), noodles (WTF!?), and the worst of all - chicken ring bones. Hell the freaking rubbish bin is *JUST RIGHT NEXT* to the sink (within 2 meters). I really don't know what kind of **POSTGRADUATE** students we have in CUHK. Also don't forget about those [NO SPITTING] signs - they are here for a good reason - People DO spit in washing basin... Ugh... how disgusting. We are not in kindergarten man...

The morale of the story: Don't automatically assume university students (even the postgraduates) are "better" than average person you found in Mong Kok. So pathetic huh?

</rant>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home